Spiced Roast Cauliflower - Healthy Side
Write a review
- 1 head of cauliflower (Perry Court Stall)
- A drizzle of olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6. Pop a baking tray in the oven to heat up, too.
- Quarter the cauliflower. Pull the larger, outside leaves away. (They’re edible and can be cooked like cabbage – great pan fried with cumin seeds, a little oil and chilli so save for later).
- Cut the rest of the cauli into medium-sized florets. You can use the stalks and the smaller leaves – they’ll go nice and crispy.
- Toss in a bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil, the spices, salt + pepper. Quarter the lemon. Squeeze in a little juice from 2 of the halves. Mix everything together.
- Toss into the hot roasting tin. Cook 20-25 mins or until the cauliflower is soft and starting to pick up some crispy, golden edges.
- With Merguez Sausages Fast Main
- Turn this into an easy, one-pan main by roasting the cauliflower alongside Jacob’s Ladder Farm’s amazing Merguez sausages, thick slices of boiled potatoes and thin slices of onion. Delicious with a crisp salad.
- Wine suggestion
- from Manish at Good Taste Food & Drink
- Try a Gewurztraminer, especially if you pair it with Jacob’s Ladder Merguez sausages
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/