Rachel de Thample’s Chilli, Chicky, Fennel Pasta - Fast Food
Produce from Wild Country Organics and Jacob’s Ladder Farms.
Write a review
- 300g penne
- A few glugs of olive oil
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 fennel
- 4 lemon chilli sausages from Jacob’s Ladder Farms*
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped (more or less to taste)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 lemons
- A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add a drop of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add pasta and chickpeas. Cook till for 10-12 mins, till pasta is to your liking.
- Shave the fennel into wisps using a veg peeler. Add the fennel to the pasta and chickpeas a minute before it’s done. Drain in a colander or sieve.
- Pop the sausages out of their skins. Shape into little meat balls. Put the pasta pan back on the heat. Add a drop of olive oil. Cook the sausage till golden and cooked through. Add the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds. Sizzle till they just soften.
- Tip the pasta, chickpeas and fennel in. Fold through. Add juice and zest of the lemons, to taste. Season. Finish with parsley.
- *Vegetarian option: swap the sausages for halloumi, cut into thin slices and then into little cubes. Sizzle with garlic, chilli and fennel seeds as above.
- *Vegan option: use chopped almonds instead.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/