In my book, they must be roasted. Use a floury variety for best results.
Write a review
- Floury Potatoes
- Rapeseed oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Orange zest & finely chopped rosemary OR toasted fennel seeds and lemon zest
- Peel them. Halve or quarter, keeping them quite chunky.
- Boil in salted water till tender. Drain.
- Make room in your fridge to pop them in, keeping them in the colander.
- Let em cool for at least an hour (even better, do this bit the day before).
- Get a roasting tin hot. Add a slosh of rapeseed oil, enough to fully coat the tin.
- Pop the oiled tin in the oven to heat further. Once screaming hot, carefully tumble your cold pre-cooked spuds in.
- Spoon through the oil, seasoning them as you go.
- Roast for about an hour, turning part way through, or till fully golden and crisp.
- Give a final hit of salt and pepper.
- I like to add extra flavour with a grating of orange zest and some finely chopped rosemary tossed through when cooked, but still hot. Or add toasted fennel seeds and lemon zest.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/