Chicken and Baby Turnip Tagine from Lover of Creating Flavours
Anita-Clare Field will be demonstrating this recipe on her Heaven Preserve Us stall on Saturday 21 March at the market. Turnips are in season now - find them on Wild Country Organics or Brockman's. There will be a vegetarian version available to taste on the day too! We have listed which of our market stalls stock the ingredients.
Write a review
1 hr 50 min
1 hr 50 min
- 1 large onion finely sliced - Brockmans or Wild Country Organics
- 2 tbsp olive oil - The Grain Grocer
- 1 tsp coriander seeds - The Grain Grocer
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger - Brockmans
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds, ground - The Grain Grocer
- A large pinch of saffron - The Grain Grocer
- 1 preserved lemon, finely sliced
- A handful of large pitted green olives - The Grain Grocer
- 8 chicken thighs - Jacob's Ladder Farm
- 1/2 litre of good chicken stock
- A large pinch of Ras El Hanout
- 10 baby turnips cut in half - Brockmans
- A handful of chopped coriander
- A handful of chopped parsley - Wild Country Organic
- Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4. In a large flame proof casserole heat the oil and sauté the onions.
- Add the spices and continue sauté the onions for a further 5 minutes. Add the preserved lemons, olives and chicken and stir, browning the chicken.
- Add the chicken stock and bake in the oven covered for 35 minutes. Turn the chicken over and add a large pinch of Ras El Hanout and the turnips and return to the oven without the lid and bake for a further 50 minutes until the turnips are softened and the chicken is cooked.
- Served with boiled rice.
Check out Anita-Clare & Caroline's other projects
- Lover of Creating Flavours - www.loverofcreatingflavours.co.uk
- Heaven Preserve Us - http://www.heavenpreserveus.me.uk/hpu/
- La Petite Bouchée - http://lapetitebouchee.me/
- A Postcard From France - http://www.apostcardfromfrance.com/
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/