Celeriac and Blue Cheese Soup
Celeriac is in season now, and is excellent value. Don't be put off by its looks! Produce from any of our veg stalls.
Write a review
- 1 celeriac
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- A splash of olive oil
- 2 onions or 2 leeks, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Leaves from a couple of rosemary or thyme sprigs, chopped if needed
- 1-2litres veg or chicken stock, warmed
- 200g Per las blue cheese from Mootown (or any blue cheese from Good Taste)
- Carve peel from celeriac. Rinse clean. Cut into cubes, the smaller they are the faster they'll cook.
- Pop celeriac into a pot with the bay leaves, if using, just cover with water. Bring to the boil. Lower heat a touch. Cook till fully tender.
- Meanwhile, sizzle your chopped onions/leeks (cleaned/peeled first) in a gloss of oil. Add a hit of salt and pepper, along with a pinch of rosemary or thyme, if using. Cook till onions/leeks are tender, glossy and sweet.
- Drain celeriac. Remove bay. Place onions/leeks and celeriac in a food processor (or add to a large pot and use a blending wand), along with the cheese and a splash of warm stock. Whizz till smooth, adding more stock as it blends till it reaches desired consistency.
- Taste. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Delicious with warm walnut bread.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/