Banana Pear Butter Cup
A delicious recipe from Rachel's new book "FIVE - 150 effortless ways to eat 5+ fruit and veg a day" published by Ebury Press - find it on page 32.
Write a review
- 100g natural yoghurt - Brockman's or Hook
- 2 tsp peanut butter - The Grain Grocer
- 1/2 tsp runny honey - the Grain Grocer
- a pinch of ground cinnamon - The Grain Grocer
- 2 tbsp rolled oats - The Grain Grocer
- 1 tsp cocoa powder - The Grain Grocer
- 1 banana (thinly sliced) - Brockman's
- Mix the yoghurt, peanut butter, honey and cinnamon until well combined.
- Toast the oats in a dry frying pan for a moment, if desired; toasting gives them a nuttier flavour. Add the cacao nibs or cocoa powder.
- Layer up half the yoghurt, followed by half the oats (saving a pinch to scatter over the top) and half the banana slices. Repeat, finishing with the reserved oats.
- This is a fun way of getting kids into the kitchen. I lay out the toppings like nuts, seeds, dried and fresh fruits, honey and jam, and let the children make their own creations with yoghurt and cereal. While I've included weights, I'd never bother getting the scales and measuring spoons out for these. Just throw together and make sure you pack in lots of fruit.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/