Asian-spiced Quinoa with Garden Greens - Gluten Free
You can throw all sorts of veg (or even left over meat) into this dish. Roasted cubes of squash, carrots or beetroot are nice, as are crunchy raw slices of red pepper or slivers of pork sizzled in a little fat or oil till crispy. Produce from Perry Court Farm & Crystal Palace Patchwork Farm.
Write a review
- ½ mug of quinoa
- A pinch of sea salt
- A few splashes of olive oil
- 1 mug of water
- 3-4 spring onions or ½ white or red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ fresh chilli, finely chipped (more or less, to taste)
- 1 clove of wet (fresh) garlic or 2 normal cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of seasonal greens (spinach, rainbow chard, green cabbage, kale…), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or a little more, to taste)
- A lemon or lime (optional)
- A large handful toasted cashews (optional
- Get a lidded pan hot. Add the quinoa. Toast for a few seconds. Add a pinch of salt and a splash of oil. Fold through.
- Pour in the water. Pop a lid on. Lower heat. Cook for 12 mins or until all the water is absorbed.
- Let the quinoa sit, lid on, for an extra 5-10 mins to steam through.
- In a separate pan, cook the onions, ginger, chilli and garlic in a little oil, until just softened.
- Stir in the quinoa. Sizzle for a moment. Fold through the greens, soy sauce and a grating of lemon or lime zest and a squeeze of juice. Taste. Adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat as soon as the greens are glossy, bright green and just cooked.
- Serve with cashews scattered over the top.
- A lovely light lunch or picnic side.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/