Wholemeal Apple & Rosemary Scones
Delicious with roast cauliflower, cider & cheese soup. Our recipe here http://wp.me/p3tUUf-uW
Write a review
- 200g wholemeal flour*
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50g butter
- 150ml milk
- Heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold through the apple and rosemary.
- Warm the honey, butter and milk in a saucepan, just till butter is melted and milk is no longer fridge cold.
- Make a well in the center of the flour. Pour the milk mix in. Gently fold everything together to form a soft ball of dough.
- Tip onto a liberally floured surface. Dust the top with flour. Flatten a little to the thickness you'd like the scones, about 4cm thick. Cut with round cutters or you could just cut into squares or triangles with a knife.
- Place on a floured baking tray. Cook for 10-12 mins, or till fully cooked through. Delicous warm with butter.
- *I used Dove's fine wholemeal flour from Planta. It's surprisingly light for a wholegrain flour as it's milled finely and made with softer grains of wheat. But any wholegrain flour (even spelt or kamut) will do.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/