June 23rd, 2017
Job Title: Sutton People’s Kitchen Volunteer Project Assistant
Start Date: 7 March 2016
Hours: 15-22.5 hours per week (minimum 3 months)
Sutton People’s Kitchen is a project that’s about bringing people together to celebrate food, encourage healthier eating and lifestyles and promote local food growing. The project comprises the following activities:
- Pop-up market stalls and workshops
- After-school and community cook club
- Community banquets
- Food film screenings For more information about the project, please visit www.suttonpeopleskitchen.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual who is passionate about healthy eating and keen to gain experience in project and event coordination. This is a voluntary role, supporting the Project Coordinator at the farm, and at outreach events.
We expect the successful applicant to be committed, resourceful, competent with computers and have a positive approach. The role will involve event coordination, project admin, communications & social media.
You will gain experience in the community food, events and environmental sectors, and be part of an exciting social enterprise that’s creating a sustainable local food system.
Expectations and arrangements
- Commitment of at least 2 days per week for an agreed period (at least 3 months)
- Travel expenses up to £10 per day can be covered for days worked
- Lunch is provided on some work days and surplus produce available from the farm. ● Clean driving licence preferred.
- You may be asked to work a limited number of Saturdays and evenings for the events. Sutton Community Farm – About usWe are a community owned social enterprise with a mission to increase access to fresh, healthy, sustainable food and provide a space for the community to cultivate skills.We are a highly motivated team, passionate to help create positive relationships between people and food. We farm with organic principles and strive to be a deeply sustainable business. We are driven by values of respect, transparency, quality and integrity.We aim to make our Farm accessible to as wide a range of the public as possible and are committed to ensuring that everyone is treated fairly. You can find out more by reading our Equal Opportunities Policy. Please visit our website for further information: www.suttoncommunityfarm.org.uk