South London Cheese on Toast
Write a review
- 1 thick slice of Bread Bread’s biodynamic bread (made with heritage wheat grown on Rosendale Allotment.. and we’re also growing some in Westow Park)
- Olive oil
- ½ garlic clove
- A small handful of green leaves (chard, spinach and/or Jack by the Hedge) (Perry Court Stall)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mootown Stall About 50g Bermondsey Ricotta or Bermondsey Hard Press cheese (made in railway arches near London Bridge)
- Fresh red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven grill to high. If you don’t have a grill just heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Pop your bread in to toast a little on one side. Take it out of the oven. Gloss the toasted size with olive oil and rub the garlic clove into the bread.
- Pile on a mound of greens. Season well.
- Dot the ricotta on top or cap with thin slices of Bermondsey Hard Press (which is a bit like Gruyere).
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Dot with little chilli (especially good with the ricotta).
- Pop in the oven till the cheese is melty. The ricotta’s lovely with a little lemon squeezed over at the end.
- The perfect fast lunch or tea.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/