Smoky Rosemary BBQ rub - Fast Food
Produce from Crystal Palace Patchwork Farm for rosemary + veg and/or meat. Visit our Jacob’s Ladder Farm stall for advice on the perfect meat for this recipe – lean cuts like beef skirt work a treat.
Write a review
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp smoky paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder, more or less to taste
- To make simply mix up all the ingredients together in a bowl or if you’ve got a pestle and mortar squish it all together in there to further mingle all those lovely flavours.
- Rub into nuggets of meat and/or veg with a little drizzle of olive oil. Let it marinade for at least 15 minutes or as long as 24hrs.
- Thread on skewers for the bbq, under an oven grill at full whack or simply roast in a 200C/Gas 6 oven until nicely coloured on the outside and tender in the middle.
- This quick bbq fix is delicious on beef, lamb, chicken or pork (you can even mix it in with some mince for spiced Turkish-style skewers).
- Likewise, it’s beautiful rubbed on veggies before roasting or going on the grill. Try with nuggets of aubergines, red peppers and parboiled new potatoes, sandwiched thick slices of halloumi.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/