Red Currant Vinegar - Two for One
Write a review
- The pulp from leftover from making our Redcurrant Cordial recipe
- 150g cider or white wine vinegar
- 100g caster sugar
- Gently warm the vinegar. Swirl in the sugar. Stir, over low heat, until fully dissolved. Add the fruit pulp. Cool. Pour into a clean glass jar. Secure with a lid. Let it infuse for a week. Give it a shake everyday to help mingle the flavours.
- Strain fruit pulp out. Boil for 8-10 mins, removing any scum as it rises. Bottle and seal when cold. Use within 12 months.
- Delicious on salads or drizzled over warm roasted veg topped with crumbled cheese and toasted nuts.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/