Pumpkin, Halloumi and Chilli Fritatta - Fast Food
Pick up the ingredients from Perry Court + Wild Country Organics + Mootown + Brambletye.
Write a review
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 175g halloumi cheese, sliced
- 500g pumpkin or butternut squash, diced
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider or balsamic vinegar
- 1 small bunch mint or thyme, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the halloumi for 1-2 mins on each side until golden, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then cook the squash for about 10 mins, until soft and starting to colour.
- Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a further 2 mins. Pour over the vinegar, then put the halloumi back into the pan, scatter over the mint and pour on the eggs.
- Cook for 5 mins until the base is set.
- Heat the grill to high. Flash under the grill for 5 mins until puffed up and golden. Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve cold with a salad if you like.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/