Moroccan Tomato Salad - Veg Side
This is a dazzling salad. Offer it up as a tapasy starter with some other bits, or pile it into a burger (THIS WEEK’S MEAT OF THE WEEK FROM JACOB'S LADDER) for an exotic twist. Produce from Perry Court Farm or Wild Country Organics.
Write a review
- A punnet of ripe tomatoes (any size will do)
- 1/2 a garlic clove, finely chopped
- A pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of ground cumin
- A speckle of chilli powder
- A glug of olive oil
- A small handful of fresh mint
- A small handful of fresh coriander
- Halve or slice the tomatoes. Add the garlic and spices. Mix well so the tomato juices make a dressing.
- Add a glug of olive oil. Fold in the herbs. Serve or let it sit at room temperature for up to an hour, or in the fridge for up to a day.
- Gorgeous with some toasted pinenuts thrown into the mix, or nuggets of crispy fried halloumi.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/