Layered Potato Bake with Garden Herbs – Veggie/Vegan Main or Side
This is a ridiculously simple dish, but it’s so delicious – especially with Perry Court’s amazing spuds. Serves 2, or 4 as a side.
Write a review
- 2 large potatoes or 3-4 smaller ones
- Salt and pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil for each layer
- 1 lemon (optional)
- A bundle of herbs, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat your oven to 200˚C/Gas 6.
- Scrub your potatoes clean. Slice into thin rounds. Rinse in a change of water to remove the starchiness.
- Place spuds in a pan covered with fresh water. Add a pinch of salt.
- Boil until the potatoes are tender – test by piercing with a fork or knife. Drain. Cool a little.
- Layer in a baking tray, seasoning each layer, add a drizzle of oil, a squeeze of lemon juice (if using) and an even scattering over herbs before creating a new layer.
- Finish with a layer of spuds glossed with a decent slick of olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until nicely golden and a little crispy on top.
- If you’re mad about cheese, you could add a grating or dollops of your favourite cheese – anything from blue to brie to cheddar to goat’s curd – to each layer.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/