Indian Spice-Rubbed Cutlets with Herb Yogurt - Fast Food
Produce from Perry Court Farm and Crystal Palace Patchwork Farm
Write a review
- 4 lamb cutlets
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- A pinch each of ground cinnamon and chilli powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A splash of olive oil
- 2 limes
- 150ml natural yogurt
- A small handful of fresh garden mint, leaves only
- A small handful of fresh basil and/or coriander
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Place the lamb in a dish. Mix the spices with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Dust the spice mix over the lamb. Drizzle a little olive oil in. Squeeze in the juice of one of the limes. Mix everything thing together, massaging the spice into the lamb.
- Pour the yogurt into a blender or food processor. Chop the herbs. Add the blender with a pinch of salt, the juice of ½ a lime and the sugar. Blend til the herbs are nicely chopped and blended through. If you don’t have a processor, just finely chop the herbs and mix through by hand.
- BBQ the lamb on the grill once the flames have died down. Let them cook slowly so the meat stays nice and tender. Turn a couple of times during cooking, basting with any remaining spiced oil.
- Or, cook in a frying or griddle pan. Get it really hot. Place the lamb in the pan. Turn the heat down to medium. Cook for about 10 mins, turning often, until the meat is nicely seared. Prick a fat part of the cutlet with a knife and press. If the juices no longer are red, they’re done.
- Let ‘em rest a few mins before serving. Serve with the yogurt sauce on the side for dipping or drizzling and wedges of lime.
- Spices go a long way and can lose flavour if not used in time. One of our team shares spices with her friends - they share out each new type bought. An economical and tasty way of livening up your cooking.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/