COOKING ON A BUDGET - Parsnip & Sausage Hash with Fried Eggs
This is my son’s recipe idea. It’s brilliant as a weekend brunch or for a wintery supper.
Write a review
- 4-6 parsnips
- 2 onions
- 4 pork & leek or 6 merguez sausages
- 4 eggs
- A large handful of parsley
- A few splashes of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and coarsely grate the parsnips or cut into 1-2cm chunks. Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Set a large frying pan over high heat. Squeeze the sausage meat out of its skins. Add the sausage meat to your hot pan. Break it up using a spoon. Fry the sausage meat till it starts to pick up a little colour.
- Add the onions and parsnips to the pan. Season well. Fry till the parsnips are tender. Add a little oil to the pan, if needed.
- Roughly chop the parsley. Toss it thought the hash. Divide between plates.
- Add a little to the frying pan. Crack in one or two eggs at a time. Fry to your liking (pop a lid on the top to help cook them faster and more evenly).
- Perch an egg on top of each plate of hash. Finish with a little more parsley, salt and pepper.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/