COOKING ON A BUDGET 2 - Alu Tikki
A cheap but delicious tasty potato dish that doesn't take too long.
Write a review
- 4 medium potatoes Brockmans
- 1 cm of chopped ginger Brockmans
- 2 cloves of garlic Brockmans
- 1 Green chillies Wild Country Organics
- ½ tsp red chilli powder Grain Grocer
- ½ salt Grain Grocer
- Cumin seeds Grain Grocer
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves Wild Country Organics
- 1 egg Brambletye Orchard Eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs Grain Grocer
- Oil for frying.
- Peel, boil and mash the potatoes.
- Add all the spices, taste and season with salt or chilli as required.
- Make smallish balls with your hands and then half flatten them.
- Beat the egg and dip each tikka first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry till golden
- You can serve with coriander and mint chutney, with or without yoghurt.
Crystal Palace Food Market http://crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/